The Texas Orthobiologic Institute specializes in two regenerative medicine orthobiologic injections designed to support and stimulate the body’s natural healing potential.
Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) Injections
- Biologic factors in blood plasma obtained from drawing blood.
- PRP can accelerate recovery and promote healing from muscle, tendon, and joint injuries.
- PRP can minimize symptoms from arthritis, joint pain, back pain, and sports injuries.
Bone Marrow Concentrate Injections
- Contain mesenchymal stem cells derived from bone marrow aspirate.
- Can accelerate recovery and promote healing from acute and chronic injuries.
- Can minimize symptoms from arthritis, joint pain, back pain, sports injuries.
The Texas Orthobiologic Institute was founded by Don Buford, MD, RMSK, a Board Certified and Sports Medicine Fellowship Trained Orthopedic Surgeon to provide the full range of evidence based regenerative medicine treatment options to patients with orthopedic conditions. The surgeons at our Institute believe that patients deserve a thorough, unbiased orthopedic evaluation of all the nonsurgical, surgical, and orthobiologic options appropriate for their condition so that they may make an informed healthcare decision. We specialize in orthobiologic injections either in the office or as a surgical adjunct to support, accelerate and advance the body’s own healing potential and to minimize pain.
Don Buford, MD, RMSK
PRP AND STEM CELL RESEARCH
The Texas Orthobiologic Institute is dedicated to furthering education in regenerative and palliative orthopedic therapies while giving patients the opportunity to benefit from the most current state of the art nonsurgical treatments.
Recent research papers and articles can be reviewed at the link below.
Our procedures are typically not covered by Medicare or private insurance plans. Our insurance specialists will assist you and with financial arrangements if necessary.